This one-day workshop outlines the role and responsibilities of a Transitional Facility (TF) Operator (TF-Operator) and the requirements of Standard for Transitional Facilities for General Uncleared Risk Goods (TFGEN).
All Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) approved transitional facilities must have an approved TF-Operator who maintains overall responsibility for biosecurity activities at their site.
This course is only part of the process for approval as a MPI TF-Operator and attendees will need to complete the process required by MPI as outlined on their website.
- MPI and Biosecurity;
- Contamination, pathogens and pests;
- Biosecurity systems and procedures;
- Transitional Facility Biosecurity roles and responsibilities;
- Biosecurity legislation and key documents;
- Biosecurity requirements for your Transitional Facility; and
- Compliance and non-compliances.
Attendee requirements: The person who attends this course must have a basic understanding of both written and spoken English.
Documentation required: Attendees will be required to show a form of photo ID at the course
- Drivers Licence
- Passport (if you are not born in NZ), also proof you can work in NZ - working visa.
Completed pre-learning assessment (pre-requisite for attendance). This document will be provided upon course booking.
Provisions: Detailed workbook, pen and paper will be supplied.
Course refreshments: Arrival tea/coffee, morning tea, catered lunch, and afternoon tea will be provided.
Certification awarded: On successful completion of this course the attendee will be awarded a TF-Operator Certificate of Training, as required by the MPI Standard for General Facilities for Uncleared Goods MPI-STD-TFGEN.