Terms and Conditions
Rules & Regulations: Cancellations, Refunds and Re-booking Policy.
All training enrolments with are subject to the following rules and regulations, which are legally binding at the time of confirming your booking. Please familiarise yourself with them prior to attending your scheduled course.
Course attendees should be prompt in arriving to their course at the scheduled commencement time allowing time for sign in and ID checks. Course attendees and are required to stay for the duration of their course.
Course attendance is recorded by the trainer. Any attendees that are more than 30 minutes late will be asked to re-book their training course.
Active participation is required from all attendees during the course. Trainers monitor the attendees understanding of course material throughout the duration of the course via participation levels and ability to complete course exercises.
SPS Biosecurity endeavours to limit numbers of attendees for any one training course to 16.
In some cases, In-house training can be organised with any Company that has 8 or more persons wishing to be trained at one time provided suitable training premises are available.
Fees and Payment
Full payment of fees is required prior to the commencement of any course or may be paid to the trainer on the day of the course.
SPS Biosecurity accepts payment for courses in the form of Direct Credit, Cash, Cheque, Visa or Mastercard. Credit card payments need to be organised prior to attendance by phoning 0800 BIOTA1 (0800 246 821).
All fees are expressed exclusive of New Zealand Government imposed GST (Goods and Services Tax of 15%). Fees may be transferred to another course attendee on a case by case basis, at the discretion of SPS Biosecurity. Course fees are subject to change without notification.
Cancellations, Transfers and Refunds
Any attendee who is unable to attend the scheduled course for which they are booked may transfer their booking to another suitable person to attend or transfer to a future course subject to the cancellations, refunds & rebooking policies.
Cancellation & Refunds Policy
- Cancellation Policy
The following administration fee will apply to cancellations:
- Cancellations received 5 working days or more before the course - No charge
- Cancellations received less than 5 working days before the course - 50% of course cost
- Cancellations not received before the course - No Refund (Full course cost applies)
- Refund Policy (where applicable) - No refunds will be given for clients who do not attend their course without prior notice of cancellation.
- Non-Attendance Policy - Non-attendance without prior notification will incur the full course cost.
- Non-Payment - We do not issue training certificates or forward names to MPI until payment is received in full. After three months, any non-payment of outstanding invoices will result in the account being passed to a debt collection agency for recovery.
- Payment Prior to Course - Where payment is not received prior to the course date and a trainee does not attend or cancels as per clauses 1 & 3. SPS Biosecurity will enforce the payment as per the original invoice.
Rebooking is accepted once only if the change is made 5 days prior to attending the course. If you subsequently cancel a rebooked course, you will incur a full course cancellation fee.
At enrolment SPS Biosecurity collects personal and company details for recording course booking information, maintaining contact information and issuing of certificates of attendance and statutory data required by the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI). No third party will gain access to the information collected.
Disability: If you have a disability that may affect your attendance or ability to participate, please notify our office at the time of your enrolment.
It is imperative to maintain the safety of the trainer and course attendees at all times.
SPS Biosecurity may ask a course attendee to leave a course if the attendee:
- does not attend the scheduled course for the duration required,
- has not completed prerequisite course material,
- is unduly disruptive during the course,
- is in possession of alcohol or offensive weapons at the course,
- displays any form of harassment which is offensive and unwelcome to the trainer or other attendees.
Smoking: SPS Biosecurity operates training courses in a smoke-free environment. Please refrain from smoking at all times during the course. During the mid-course break training venue regulations need to be observed.
Phones: Please switch off all mobile phones and pagers for the duration of your training session.
Course attendees must accept and comply with SPS Biosecurity Rules and Regulations. Any course attendees who do not follow these rules may be asked to leave the training course without a refund of fees.