Pest Management and Response
SPS Biosecurity can develop and deliver a variety of pest management programmes.
- Aerial and ground spraying
- Ground baiting
- Host tree identification and removal
- Contingency planning
- Delimitation surveys
The SPS Biosecurity team have managed or have been key providers in a range of significant programmes including:
- The highly successful white-spotted tussock moth eradication from Auckland, New Zealand
- Australian paropsine beetle eradication, Wellington
- Dutch elm disease eradication programme in Auckland and Napier, New Zealand.
- Eradication of the gum leaf skeletoniser from Mt Maunganui, New Zealand.
- Painted apple moth eradication, Auckland, New Zealand
- Invasive ant management, New Zealand
- Exotic termite eradication
- Biological control of insects pests
- Rodent monitoring and control, Chatham Islands
- Rodent management assessment, Libya
Through our network of associates and partners, SPS Biosecurity can design, manage and implement large scale pest management programmes for most plant pests and diseases.